The Plum Borough Community Library offers a wide variety of items to borrow, including:
- Large-print books
- Audio books
- Board games
- STEAM kits
- Playaway portable MP3 audio players
- Music CDs
- Video games
- Launchpads preloaded with literacy activities and games.
- Baking Supplies
All items are available to borrow for 3 weeks and will be renewed up to 6 times as long as no one else has a hold on it.
To place items on hold click here or call the library and we can put items on hold for you.
Your library card also enables you to download ebooks and audiobooks as well as magazines and music for free. Stop by and our staff would be happy to show you how, or learn more at the Public Library eResources site.
Welcome to our Hotspot lending service. You may borrow the device to access the Internet for free at your home, in your car, or anywhere else!
What is a hotspot?
A hotspot is an easy-to-use wireless access point that connects your tablet, laptop or other Wi-Fi enabled device to the internet.
Is there a limit on usage?
You can connect up to 10 devices at a time, with unlimited data for the duration of the checkout. Download speeds may vary according to network coverage. Hotspots may not be used outside the USA.
How do I check out the device?
Hotspots cannot be reserved through the catalog.
The check-out limit is one device per household at any one time.
First-come, first- served. No holds, or wait list.
How long can I keep it?
Hotspots check out for 3 weeks and are non-renewable.
Note: If hotspot is not returned to the library when it is due, wireless service will be disconnected and the hotspot will be unusable.
What happens if I lose it?
The cardholder acknowledges financial responsibility for lost, stolen or damaged equipment. Replacement Cost is $100. The library does not accept replacement hardware, software, or peripherals in lieu of payment.
Connect to your hotspot:
- Make sure Wi-Fi is enabled on your laptop, tablet or smartphone.
- Turn on hotspot by pressing and holding the Power button until you see the word “Welcome”
- Press the power button to scroll through menu and locate the Wi-Fi Name and password.
- Go to your device and select the Wi-Fi Name of your hotspot.
- Enter the hotspot’s network password and hit connect.
- Your device will display a message indicating it has connected to the hotspot network.
*The Hotspot does not need to be plugged in to work, however, if the screen does not come on after holding the power button, your device needs to be charged.
Hotspots are unsecured wireless networks. Hotspot borrowers are cautioned against transmitting sensitive or personal information, including credit card information, and do so at their own risk.